Government hospitals are better than a private hospital only because they are less expensive and are more accessible to people who cannot afford treatments in top-notch private hospitals procuring a lot of fees. Tamil Nadu is home to various government hospitals. Therefore, here is a list of top 10 best government hospitals in Tamil Nadu.
Top 10 Best Government Hospitals in Tamil Nadu
- Government Chengalpattu Medical College- This hospital cum college is government run and caters to various treatments. It has various specialty treatments provided, which includes Neurosurgery, ENT, urology, cardiology, tuberculosis, plastic surgery, dental, STD, nephrology and much It has a blood bank and a post smart um center too.
Address- G.S.T. Road, Chengalpattu, Dist Kancheepuram- 603001
Ph Number- 044-27431225, 044-27426566
- Thanjavur Medical College Hospital- The hospital was established in the year 1964. At the time of inception, 500 beds were sanctioned for the admission of patients. Due to increasing need, the bed strength has increased to 678 now. Various specialty treatments are offered to the patients in the hospitals including general medicine, neurology, radiology, plastic surgery, neurosurgery, radiotherapy, diabetology, urology and more.
Address- Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu- 613004
Ph Number- 04362-240851/240951
- Raja Mirasdar Hospital, Thanjavur- It is a specialty hospital providing treatments to the patients. It has various departments including accident and emergency, ENT, STD, TB, Radiology, general surgery, dental, cardiology, leprosy, skin, infectious diseases, orthopedics, general medicine, psychiatry and much
Address- Main Road, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu
Ph Number- 04362-231221
- Government Rajaji Hospital, Madurai- It is situated in Madurai. The hospital was established in the year 1842. It provides tertiary care to more than twenty million people in the southern part of Tamil Nadu. The hospital is a center of excellence in south Tamil Nadu for various surgeries. It provides 24 hours casualty facility, 24 hours biochemistry lab facility, CT Scan and MRI scan facility and others.
Address- Panagal Road, Madurai, Tamil Nadu
Ph Number- 0452-2534242
- Coimbatore Medical College Hospital- Established in the year 1966, Coimbatore medical college hospital is a well-known college and hospital in India that provides various specialty treatments. Various departments are cardiothoracic surgery, family welfare, infectious diseases, neurology, ICCU, ICU/IMCU, nephrology, leprosy, general surgery, general medicine, oncology, TB, STD, skin, urology, radiology and many others.
Address- Trichy Road, Gopalapuram, Coimbatore
Ph Number- 044-422-2300345
- Government Vellore Medical College- It is a government run hospital established in the year 1882. It has various departments including anatomy, biochemistry, medicine, dental, community medicine, physiology, microbiology, surgery, pathology, pharmacology, dermatology and various others.
Address- Adukkamparai, Tamil Nadu
Ph Number- 0416-2261900
- Government Kilpauk Medical College- The hospital cum college is one of the premier hospitals in Tamil Nadu. It has various departments including radiology, pharmacology, general medicine, blood bank, ENT, nephrology, surgical gastroenterology, diabetology, forensic medicine, physiology, community medicine, microbiology, biochemistry, dermatology, cardiology, leprosy, dental surgery, anesthesia, neurology and many others.
Address- 822, Poonamallee High Road, Near Ega Theatre, Kilpauk Chennai
Ph Number- 044-26412979
- Chettinad Hospital and Research Institute- It is one of the most preferred hospitals in Tamil Nadu. Chettinad’s vision is to enable to healthcare for all. Their focus on universal healthcare translates into unmatched treatments to their patients with utmost care. The infrastructure of the hospital and institute is equipped with the latest technology and has the best available mechanism for all the patients. It has various departments. The college has various undergraduate and postgraduate programs to offer to the prospective doctors and experts in the country.
Address- Kelambakkam, Tamil Nadu
Ph Number- 044-4741100
- Meenakshi Medical College Hospital and Research Institute- It was located near Temple town of Kanchipuram. The medical college and hospital are constructed on an area of 38.08 acres. It has various departments including anatomy, plastic surgery, cardiothoracic surgery, neurosurgery, urology, Medical Biochemistry, gastroenterology, nephrology, pharmacology, medical microbiology, community medicine, dermatology, ENT, dentistry, radio- diagnosis, forensic medicine, pathology, microbiology and others.
Address- Enathur, Karrapettai Post, Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu
Ph Number- 044-27261337
- Tamil Nadu Government Multi-Super Specialty Hospital- It is a multi super specialty hospital and ahs 400-bed strength. The facilities of the hospital include 14 dedicated operation theaters, laboratories, CT scan and MRI scans. The 400-bed hospital will now have 500-seater conference hall. The intensive care units have seventy electro-hydraulically operated imported beds with digital touch screens.
Address- Omandurar Government Estate, Opposite the Hindu, Mount Road, Anna Salai, Chintadripet, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Ph Number- 044-25666000