Best Dental Colleges in Delhi
Dentistry is a part of medical science dealing with problems of mouth, gums and teeth. The study covers the overall oral cavity and deals with prevention of oral problems, evaluation and prompt diagnosis of oral diseases and treatment of oral disorders either through medical or surgical intervention. Dentistry in India is offered as a Five year comprehensive study after formal school education and some of the best dental colleges in Delhi renders world class dental education to its students through theoretical and practical interventions, both from the government and the private sector. Let us discuss the integrities of these colleges of Dentistry here.
Best Dental Colleges in Delhi
All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- AIIMS is the result of one of the scientific endeavours of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. It was established in the year 1956 as an institution of national importance through an Act of the Parliament to impart best medical education and research to the citizens.
- This teaching hospital has a comprehensive infrastructure for teaching and research along with patient care. The college is located in Ansari Nagar, Aurobindo Marg, New Delhi.
- Dental courses offered by the college include a Masters in Dental surgery (conservative dentistry and Endodontics), M.D.S (orthodontics), M.D.S (Prosthodontics).
- Eligibility criteria to join the study is B.D.S with good percentages.
ESIC Dental College and hospital
The college is located in Sector 15, Rohini, Delhi in a sprawling campus of 10 acres and is attached to a 300 bedded ESI hospital. The college offers bachelors of dental surgery course and is affiliated with Guru Gobind Singh IndraPrastha university. The institution admits 50 students every year and selects them after competitive entrance examinations. The college has the best infrastructure to handle all subjects of dentistry and houses best of teachers, who are pioneers in the field of oral and maxillofacial surgery to guide students.
Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences
- The college is located in Bahadur Shah zafar Marg, New Delhi and offers both bachelor’s and master’s degree courses in the field of dentistry.
- The institute has been declared as one of the best BDS colleges in India and as a center of excellence by the government of NCT, Delhi.
- The college is located in a spacious venue surrounded by four main hospitals and has all facilities including canteen, mess, hostel, library, amphitheatre, counselling cell etc to cater to the needs of its students.
- The college offers specific courses pertaining to dental specialties such as dental medicine and radiology, Prosthodontics, pediatric dentistry, oral pathology, orthodontics etc.
Indraprastha Dental college
- Indraprastha dental college in Delhi has been awarded as the best private dental college in the year 2015 by Prime Time Media World.
- The college is recognised by the dental council of India and admits 50 students every year for B.D.S. Course after 10+2 formal education.
- The college is a pioneer in the field of dental education and is powered by experienced and dynamic teaching staff.
- It uses innovative teaching aids and methodologies, upgrading itself as one of the top BDS colleges in India.
- The college is located in industrial area, Ghaziabad in a sprawling campus offering room for extra curricular activities along with academics.
I.T.S. Dental College
I.T.S. Dental College offers Bachelor of Dental Surgery course and is affiliated to Ch. Charan Singh university. The Dental College attached to the state of the art research center and dental hospital is recognised by the ministry of Health and Family Welfare, India. The college is located in G.T. Road, Ghaziabad and accepts 100 students into the course every year. The duration of the course is 4 years academic studies and one year internship, tuition fee for the entire course is INR 3,55,000.
SGT Dental College
- SGT (Sri Gobind Tricentenary) college cum research center is located near Gurgaon, New Delhi and formed by the Dashmesh charitable trust.
- The college is attached to the hospital and offers both bachelors and masters degree in Dental surgery.
- The college is one of the Top dental colleges in Delhi and has the best teaching infrastructure with all facilities to impart hands on training experience for students.
- The college has more than 50 post graduate teachers and 30+ undergraduate teachers and demonstrators to handle the students effectively.
Faculty of Dentistry, Jamia Millia Islamia University
The university offers a number of different courses and its faculty of Dentistry is renowned for the state of the art infrastructure and study facilities. The college offers Bachelor of Dental surgery course and students are carefully chosen based on their marks in school and through an entrance test. The college is featured with eminent faculty who adopt multidisciplinary approach in teaching and is attached to an 100 bedded hospital for hands on practice during training.
Lady Hardinge Medical College
This is one of the most respected colleges in dental education. The college was started in the year 1916 to foster the medical community to devote their work in handling various diseases and to find new remedies for health problems. The college is registered under university of Delhi and is being maintained by the ministry of health and family welfare. This Dental institution offers a number of courses in different streams and the dental programmes offered in the college are an amalgamation of conventional education with practical hands on training. The college features eminent faculties in the stream and offers scholarship aids to its students.
Dental Science is an integral branch of medical science that trains its fraternity in not just treating dental problems, but also in early diagnosis and evaluation of orofacial problems starting from dental cavities to oral tumours. Above mentioned best dental colleges in Delhi has gained tremendous experience over the years in training students effectively and consistently to handle problems with the oral cavity.
For compiling the list Essencz takes into account various genuine sources such as Google reviews, peer site reviews and rating on other credible health websites. Ratings reflect the Doctor’s or Hospital’s Accuracy of diagnosis, Experience, Qualification, Infrastructure, Success Rates and overall services. Also this list has no specific order. All the doctors are renowned in their fields.