Government hospitals have a few advantages over private hospitals, which make them better and efficient. This includes their facilities are cheaper in cost, which is an advantage for people who cannot afford expensive treatments. Best doctors are majorly found in the southern part of India. Bangalore has a few government hospitals that make them stand out in other private ones.
Top 10 Best Government Hospitals in Bangalore
Here is a list of 10 best government hospitals in Bangalore that are popular for their healthcare units and have cost-effective treatments.
- Diacon Hospital (Diabetes Care Research Centre)- Established in the year 1990, Diacon hospital has proved to be one of the most premier government hospitals providing its patient’s utmost care and patience. The hospital has the largest diabetic registry in the state of Karnataka. The hospital’s efforts are concentrated on patient education and awareness about Their vision is to ensure a dedicated hospital environment that offers more than just a prescription to control blood sugar.
Address- #359-360, 19th Main, 1st block, Rajajinagar, Bengaluru-560010, Ph Number- 080-23323560/23329909
- Bangalore Baptist Hospital- Bangalore Baptist Hospital was established in the year 1973 as an outpatient clinic for rural Bangalore. It is a multispecialty hospital serving all socio-economic strata of the society. BBH is the first mission hospital in India to accredited with NABH and NABL. The hospital is now governed by Christian Medical College, Vellore. The hospital has various departments including Community health, cosmetology, internal medicine, obstetrics, gynecology, nephrology, neurology, dietetics and many others.
Address- Bangalore Baptist Hospital, Bellary Road, Vinayakanagar, Bengaluru- 560024, Ph Number- 08022024700
- Netradhama Super-specialty Eye Hospital- It is a super specialty hospital providing world-class facility primarily on quality eye-care with innovative technology and skilled doctors. It is the first eye hospital in India to be accredited and re-accredited by National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH).
Address- #256/14, Kanakapura Main Road, 7th Block, Jayanagar, Bangalore- 560082, Ph Number- 080-26088000/26633533
- Minto Eye Hospital- With an aim to eradicate blindness and excel in patient care and resource management, Minto eye hospital came into existence. It is a special ophthalmic service provided by the government in the form of a very small eye dispensary that was opened in 1896. It also has an eye bank. It also has certain community programs
Address- AV Road, Chamrajpet, Opp Central Police Station, Bangalore-560002; Ph Number- 080-26707176/26702275
- Victoria Hospital- Victoria Hospital is a government run hospital affiliated with Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute. Its emergency services are available 24 hours including traumatology and emergency surgery in the Mahabodhi burns and casualty block with a 24-hour blood bank. It has various departments including E.N.T., General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Anesthesia, Radiotherapy, Radio diagnosis, Orthopedics and much
Address- Near City Market, Fort Road, Bengaluru-560002; Ph Number-080-26701150
- Vani Vilas Women and Children Hospital- Vani Vilas Women and Children Hospital is a government run hospital affiliated to Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute. Established in the year 1935, it was selected as one of the 11 AIDS control centers in India.
Address- K.R. Road, Bengaluru- 560002; Ph Number- 080-26702487
- Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology- It is a regional cancer center. Established in the year 1980 by the government of India, it facilitates advanced medical investigation and treatment to the patients. The Indian Council of Medical Research has recognized this referral institution as a research organization.
Address- Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Dr. M.H Marigowda Road, Bangalore-560029; Ph Number- 080-26094000
- Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences & Research- The hospital’s vision is to redefine the way cardiovascular care is delivered and improve clinical outcomes for cardiac patients through a physician driven, patient-focused It has a 24-hour emergency service and other services that take care of patients in a special way. It has got 600-bed strength with state of the art equipment in the form of 5 path labs, seven operation theaters, non-invasive labs, and 24 hours ICU facilities.
Address- Jayanagar 9th Block, Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore -560069
- Sri Sathya Sai General Hospital, Whitefield- Sri Sathya Sai General Hospital started as a hospital for women and children. It was inaugurated in the year 1976. The hospital is now a general hospital treating around 300-400 patients a day. The infrastructure includes 80 beds and three operation theaters. It includes departments like general medicines, general surgery, ENT, Urology, dentistry, orthopedics, plastic surgery, psychiatric and many others.
Address- E.P.I.P Area, Whitefield, Bangalore- 560066; Ph Number- 080-28004600
- National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Science – NIMHANS- It is a multi-disciplinary institute for patient care and academic pursuit in the field of mental health and neuroscience. NIMHANS has made significant progress and is a center of excellence in mental health and neurosciences in the country. NIMHANS has produced more than 1000 psychiatrists, about 600 clinical psychologists, and psychiatric nurses so far.
Address- Hosur Road, Lakkasandra, Wilson Garden, Bangalore-560029; Ph Number- 080-26995000.